Friends

Monday, March 12, 2012

Nerd Lacquer Han Shot First and Batcave




First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone for your support.  I can't believe in just this short time, 100 of you lovely ladies have taken the time to add me onto your list of blog reading!  With so many amazing bloggers out there, I know that it takes time out of your day and I appreciate every minute you spend with me.  I woke up today and right away showed the hubby, we're both so excited!  So here is a quick extra post for you guys, mostly because I wanted to you to know how excited I am!


If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, I uploaded this quick swatches on Friday after receiving my awesome package from Katie at Harlow & Co.  You can shop at her lovely HERE!  Since each Nerd Lacquer sells for $10, and shipping is free over $50, I think I got a great deal!  Plus, with Katie in Cananda, I received this extremely quick!  And these are gorgeous polishes!  Amanda of Nerd Lacquer created a special trio especially for Harlow & Co., including Batcave and Han Shot First.  The other one that I'm missing of the trio is Scully, which I hope to pick up when more are in stock!


 
Aren't they lovely!?

First up is Han Shot First!  This is SO beautiful in person.  I am loving the square glitter in this one!  I was wearing GOSH Golden Brown and didn't even bother to remove it, this applied like a dream with one coat over it.  I can't say enough good things about this.  Being that this was my first Nerd Lacquer to try, I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed!  So impressed, when Amanda's shop opened last night, I bought a bunch more!!   If you hurry, you can still order as her shop is open! Check her out HERE!  But remember, if you want these two beauties, visit Katie at Harlow & Co.  She should have more in stock very soon ;-)


sunlight



shade

Next we have Batcave!  I have to say, this is was the one I thought I'd like better, but Han Shot First stole my heart.  I do really love Batcave, just not more ;-)  It is extremely pretty though, being a dark grey jelly with tiny silver glitter with blue holo hexagons and black square glitter.  I painted 3 layers in the pictures below.  I just wish I could have gotten the square glitter to stand out more, since it was SO pretty!  You can kind of see it on my ring finger in the pictures.


sunlight

shade



So I decided to try to layer Batcave to see if it gave the polish a different effect.  This is 1 coat over 2 coats of Zoya Mira.  It was hard to capture, but at an angle, it showed the glitter pieces a lot better!


shade


Then because I was trying to tell if layering over light colors would work, from Top to Bottom, each color 2 coats of Trixie, Dove, Kirsten, and Marley with 1 coat of Batcave over.  Trixie was pretty cool in person because you could see the foil through the jelly.  I am going to keep looking through the stash to find an awesome layering combo.  Maybe just simple over black or white?  Hmmm when I look at pictures, it's pretty by itself, but you do have to be careful to let it dry between coats!  My first attempt had cuticle drag because I was rushing lol ;-)


artificial lighting

Hope you enjoyed some quick swatches so you have an idea what these beauties look like.  Katie at Harlow & Co. has a great feature to e-mail when products are available on her site.  She also sends out newsletters and updates her Facebook and Twitter with details for products.  She has many other gorgeous polishes for sale besides Nerd Lacquer, so make sure to check her out!

Again, thank you so much for your amazing support.  You all make my day!!   I hope I can continue to bring you great swatches and combos in the future!  :-)

Much Love,
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm only up to 12 followers so I hope one day to have as many as you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal, well done on so many followers, well deserved, and you are such a sweetie.xx

    I love Batcave, it looks great layered over anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rustic Comfort! I'm sure you'll get there!!! :-) I did a lot of talking in the nail polish community, so I know a lot of the girls (and a few guys)! I think that helped my transition pretty well because they all support me! :-D What is your blog? I'd love to check it out!

    Aw, Esther, you are a doll! I love chatting with you and am so glad to have met you! Thank you for the kind words! I love Batcave too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I feel about these babies, lol!! They look great on you hon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your followers Crystal - yay!! These nerds look awesome on you!!

    ReplyDelete