Friends

Friday, March 22, 2013

Shimmer Polish - Tape Manis - Week 1


Hi Everyone!! Happy Happy Friday!!  Since we love Fridays, lets spice things up over here at Crazy Combos!  Since my name comes from my love of tape manis, I thought I would get back to my roots and take the opportunity to feature Shimmer Polish with some fun tape mani combos!  Sound good?  And since Cindy, the owner, was kind enough to send me 10 different beautiful polishes, we will have a new tape mani every Friday for the next 10 weeks!  I am so excited for this!!  Aren't they gorgeous!?

First up, we have the stunning Candace!


 Here are some bottle shots!


You can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog! for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
Shimmer Polish on Facebook.

 
I started with 2 coats of Julep Sienna and Cult Nails Tempest for the accent finger.  Both are actually *almost* one coaters, but for pictures, I did two coats because it looks better!  I topped with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.


Once that is dry, probably about 20 minutes or so, it's safe to use the tape!  Of course, the longer you wait, there is less of a chance for smudges!  If you are going to do a tape mani after wearing the polish for a day or two, I recommend reapplying the top coat to prevent the tape from pulling any of the original color with it!

 
I used one coat of Shimmer Candace along with Wicked Fast top coat.  I am in LOVE with how this turned out!  It's elegant and fun, and of course sparkly!!


When I do a tape mani, I apply the tape to my hand a few times to remove some of the tackiness of the tape.  I lay it diagonally on the nail and with the clear tape, you can make sure the edges is flat against the nail.  I do each nail individually with tape, then apply the polish.  Once applied, I remove the tape and move the next nail.  By the time that is finish, I top coat and here you see the finish look!


Isn't Candace amazing??  I love the gold and black together, but the pink was a nice little surprise!  I didn't notice it until I looked closer!


So are you all fans of the tape mani like I am?  Way back before I blogged and I was just starting in the nail community, probably around November of 2010, and I accidentally came across Chloe's Nails.  You can find her blog here - http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/.  Erika is really the one that got me started in all things NAILS!  She introduced me to the fabulous world of tape, and it changed my life...err...I mean my manis! ;-)  Even though she hasn't blogged over the last year, I recommend heading to hear blog to read her old posts.  She has perfect nails, amazing art, and tips that I use daily.  I learned A LOT from her, so please check her blog out when you have some time (I know I spent hours when I found her!!).  So thank you, Erika, you inspired me and I couldn't be happier with my choice to start blogging!


Love this bottle shot!


Glitter close up!!!


Loved both of these combos!  Close up look! ;-)


I hope you liked my first post using Shimmer Polish for a tape mani!! Please check back next week for the next tape mani! ;-)

In case you missed above, you can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
Shimmer Polish on Facebook.

Have a fantastic weekend!!!

Much Love,
Crystal




*This polish was sent to me for my honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

5 comments:

  1. Love this! These look great as a tape mani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Shimmer polish and I love your tape manis! I will have to try this with mine! The fun part is picking which underwears to use XD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the combo! Candace is such a beautiful combination of glitters! Black gold with a touch of holo-ness! So glam-tastic and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glitter combo is awesome! I am loving this mani :-)

    ReplyDelete