Friends

Friday, May 25, 2012

Whimsical Ideas by Pam - Peanut Butter and Jelly

 

Hi Everyone!! Happy Friday!!!! :-D  I cannot believe May is almost over, where did the time go!?  I am thankful for summer though!  I really want to get to the beach more than last year!

Today I have a gorgeous polish by Whimsical Ideas by Pam.  I found her polish because I started seeing color Seuss pop up on blogs.  I fell in love with all her colors!  I was so glad to be able to buy Peanut Butter and Jelly, even though I'm not a fan of Peanut Butter (I know, I know - just can't do it!).  But I still love this color and am thankful it doesn't smell anything like PB!!! LOL

You can find Pam's Facebook page HERE!  Here is her about me section:
nail polish is $10 per bottle. if you would like to place an order, please email me at pea422000@yahoo.com. i will put you in the queue and invoice you asap. currently, i am only shipping in the US.


I am sorry to tell you International Ladies that she only ships in the US :-(  For those ordering, it does take a little bit, but don't worry!  She will get your order to you!  She probably has a ton of orders coming in (since these colors are stunning), so just give her a week or so to get back to you!  She also posts updates on her Facebook for progress.  She has always been very informative about the orders, you recieve your invoice when your polish is ready and she ships as soon as you pay.  Very simple and I've enjoyed buying from her!  I just love her bottles and labels and bows!!

 

Under the picture on her Facebook wall, Pam wrote: "my latest creation is called "peanut butter and jelly".  i worked all afternoon to mix the perfect shade so it would look just like grape jelly."  And that it does!  It is a beautiful jelly polish with gold glitter of hexagons and smaller gold glitters floating throughout.  For these pictures, I did 3 coats with 1 coat of Wicked Fast.  I did originally have on 2 coats, which looked great!  However, I type a lot all day and easily get tipwear, so I threw on another coat for pictures.  It made it a bit darker, so I would say it just depends on what shade you are trying to achieve!  2 coats might be a raspberry or strawberry jelly, 3 coats would be more of your grape jelly :-)

Another interesting caption from Pam's Facebook on this picture was a fan/customer asked how she did this, as in creating polish.  Pam wrote: "It's a combination of art and chemistry...with more chemistry than i expected. i thought it would just be like mixing paint, but it's not...if you put glitter into paint, you wind up with painted glitter. the challenge is to get the glitter to still shine and to get it to suspend so that all the glitter doesn't sink to the bottom."  I just love that!  Thank you for your hard work Pam - you do amazing work!!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Is anyone else hungry now?  I am, hold the PB though ;-) lol  Another reason I love Whimsical Ideas by Pam is because she has mentioned more than one on her Facebook page that every polish she creates, the name has special meaning to her.  It refers to either someone or something that she knows and loves!  I love that too :-)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and if you're in the US, enjoy the long weekend!!

Much Love,
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Love that we both posted about this on the same day! It's such a fabulous polish :)

    ReplyDelete