Friends

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lush Lacquer Birthday Cake

 

Hello!! Monday already!?! So much for me gardening!  I was going to do some yesterday, but ended up going for drinks with my girlfriends.  Me = too old for shots!  Oh my goodness, I did not feel well most of the day! LOL 

This is a gorgeous polish that I received from my friend Emily!  Thank you SO much, Emily!!!  Lush Lacquer has a cute shop on Etsy, that you can find it HERE.  You can find this polish, Birthday Cake, HERE.

For the pictures, I used 2 coats of Birthday Cake with 2 coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly, then 1 more coat of Birthday Cake and Seche Vite top coat.  I know, seems like a lot!  But at first I wanted it to look like a jelly sandwich, then I decided the glitter was far to gorgeous to put another color over!  It's just jam packed with glitter! SO pretty!

Their description:
♥ Birthday Cake is a creamy white base with a mixture of confetti glitter... pink, orange, gold , blue, green and purple iridescent small glitters are used throughout. It also has the same colors in bar strips. We added holographic silver hex glitters to make it sparkle. This polish combination is so beautiful on and yummy like frosting. It looks great alone with 2 to 3 coats and has a smooth finish. Please apply a thick top coat to seal in the glitter and allow for an even smoother finish! Happy Polishing!!! :0)


I just LOVE this!  There are so many gorgeous glitters in this bottle!  Pics don't even do this justice!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

These pictures are of 2 coats of Birthday Cake and 2 coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly.  My Pointe Exactly is a grey jelly from their NYC Ballet Collection.  You can see it mutes the glitter a little bit.  A pretty cool look, but I much prefer the sparkle!

 
 
 
So the right hand made an appearance today! hehe I hope you liked both styles to wear this color!  I highly recommend Birthday Cake and Lush Lacquers has other great polishes in their shop too!  I think I'm going to have to try some more!!  Again, you can check them out HERE.  I do believe they sell in mini sizes too, but I currently don't see any listed.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and hope you enjoyed the weekend!!

Much Love,
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. I love the way Birthday Cake looks on your nails! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
    Great pix's! I'm feeling hungry too looking at your nails...lol lol

    Thanks for the great write up! :o)

    xoxo Karin
    lushlacquer.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Crystal, I love this!! It is so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sparkly - love it!! And it's such a fun polish too I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just added the option to buy minis to the store last night I think (though I think they've always offered them, you just had to message them about it).

    Thank you for this! I have Salt N' Peppa, but I have been eyeing Birthday Cake since the day it came out but hasn't seen super good swatch posts. This made me decide to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know HOW I could have missed this!! My white/glitter radar is faltering. hehe. This is freakin amazing :) And I agree...too pretty to be covered up :))

    ReplyDelete