Friends

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

365 Days of Color - Cotton Candy

 

Hi Everyone!!  So today I have 2 of my favorite things - a white polish with glitter AND Cotton Candy!! hehehe!  I love love love cotton candy!  (And Sprinkles too)  But this polish is just SO much fun!  Maybe I am a kid at heart, but I love how these glitters poke through the white base!  This is from a new to me Blogger/Indie brand - 365 Days of Color named Sunny. 
I remember seeing a few of her polishes before and wanted to get my hands on them, so I was extremely excited when Cristina, of Let Them Have Polish, posted on her Facebook about Sunny's new shop!  You can find it here, http://www.365daysofcolorpolishes.bigcartel.com/.  I believe she still has all the colors available (what are you guys waiting for!?!?), in both mini ($4.50) and full size ($8).  I definitely have a few more on my list of hers, so I can't wait to order more!  I bought this and Old Time Movie, which I will show you guys later!
Cotton Candy applied nicely with 2 coats.  I did dab a little bit to get the glitter where I wanted, but that wasn't a problem for me and a lot of glitters are that way.  I did notice that with the white, less brush strokes are definitely better!  I was able to even it out in the second coat though, and absolutely love the layered effect that it gives the glitter.  I used 1 top coat of Seche Vite to finish the look.  I honestly think this might be another great 4th of July or Memorial Day mani (a bit early), don't you think?  I just love Red, White, and Blue!
 
 
 


I like this pic below because it shows how truly glossy the Seche Vite made the mani!  The white doesn't really pick up that gloss in the other photos.  I loved the way it looked!  It was a nice bright white, which I am extremely excited to wear this summer (with hopefully a tan!!!)
 
 
 
 
 

Just looking at the pictures and my nails makes me smile. I've mentioned before how I love to associate names to memories, so this polish is no exception!  My friends at work love to tease me about my constant need for Cotton Candy :-) hehe  And I am pretty sure you are all catching on how much I love white polishes with glitter. 

Plus it is definitely no secret that I love Indies/Frankens.  One of my favorite parts about finding a new shop is learning more about the creator.  If you are interested in reading more about Sunny, you can check out her awesome blog here, http://www.365-days-of-color.com/

I hope you enjoyed this little sweet taste of Cotton Candy!  For the full effect, make sure to stop by here to get your Cotton Candy Full Size!!

Much Love,
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I just got my 365 Days of Color order in the mail this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so adorable on you!!! thank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swatches of our favorite white-glitter polishes here :)

    ReplyDelete