Wednesday, February 8, 2012

China Glaze - Luna

Natural Lighting - 1 coat of Luna over 2 coats of I Vant to be A-Lone Star

Another amazing polish I found at Head 2 Toe Beauty was China Glaze Luna!! It caught my eye with it's gorgeous holographic glitter. Have you guys noticed a pattern? Hehe! I love holos!!! Any & all!!

This color is icy blue with tiny silver glitter throughout it. Then placed in that are the tiny hexagon holographic pieces of glitter. It really reminds me of a blue version of OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry line. Teenage dream has more holo, but the idea is the same ;-)

I used a base of OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star. This blue is slightly lighter than China Glaze Sea Spray. I love the light sheen IVTBALS has! It is so beautiful.


2 Coats - I Vant to be A-Lone Star
Had I been wearing this polish by itself, I would have probably did a third coat, as you can see a few spots that aren't covered as well.  I knew I would be layering, so I stuck with two :-)

Together, the two complimented each other very well!! I received a lot of comments from friends and co-workers that they like my nails! That makes me think it was a winner!!


I did notice my left hand had a tad more glitter on it (I think I bumped it and tried to correct it). I personally liked the single coat because it made it less obvious I was wearing glitter, but was very subtle if the light hit it. I would have redid my couple of nails, but it was very late! Lol ;-)

The ring finger looks like a lot more glitter because I tried to touch it up!


My office fluorescent lights

Natural lighting

I also had a my girlfriend over last night to paint nails!!! It was SO great to catch up. Having girl time is so very important. We got to chat & two favorite things!! Lol she loved the Zoya Marley & OPI Teenage Dream combo I did a long time ago, so she started painting and I did her tape combo part :-) I hope she loved it!! She did keep staring at her nails, hehe!!


1 Coat of Teenage Dream over 2 coats of Marley!

I hope you enjoyed the combos!!!

Much Love,


  1. I love it!!! Such beautiful sparkly manis, lol!!! Love the tape one especially. Really pretty and delicate. Glad you had some girl time ;0).

  2. Thank you Marisa!!! ;-) me too! and yes, love that combo with the tape!!!

  3. I have ChG Luna and it's still among my untrieds. You have made me want to make this my next mani!

  4. Thank you so much Donna! That is so sweet!! ;-) I hope you love it as much as I do! Feel free to post pics on my Facebook page, Crystals Crazy Combos!

  5. What do you use for the tape? How do you do that combo?

  6. Gorgeous!! I love those colors together too :)

  7. Thank you for leaving me a comment about your diagonal glitters - I absolutely hate when Pinterest doesn't have the right source. I'll be sure to update it on Pinterest to for future repins :)