Friends

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lynnderella LavenDear




Hello!!  One of the great new perks of being married is that my last name now starts with L!!  I'm only kidding, but it did help me to get my Lynnderella's from Leah Ann quicker due to the wish list system! ;-) hehe If you are unfamiliar with Lynnderella polish, I must explain that their is a very high demand for the polish.  Originally, Lynn would open her blog for orders, but of course her e-mail would practically crash because everyone wanted some, so she would have to close shop.  I found out about Lynnderella around the time she started to sell through Leah Ann at Llarowe.  Shortly after word got out about Llarowe stocking them, people cleared them from her site in seconds!  I can't imagine being a web designer with the way we shop for polish!  Leah Ann even had over-orders with the chaos!  It has since evolved into a wish list system that when Leah Ann accepts them (she currently is not), she then sorts them alphabetically in order to fill.  Now this is no easy task, because you have so many people wanting so many different colors!  Plus, if the colors become sold out, it causes back orders.  I think it was great that she split the alphabet by first filling A down, the Z up, back to L down, and M up.  My maiden name started with H, so see?  My new last name has it's perks!  I'm sorry for those stuck in the middle though. 

I understand this seems like a lot of work to wait for a polish, right?  Well to be honest, I do think it's worth it.  There is just something special about a Lynnderella.  She carefully creates these colors that have all these hidden qualities to them.  I had no idea LavenDear has as much going on as it does, but I'll get to that in a minute.  What I do want to say is that we must remember all the work that Leah Ann and Lynn are putting into this!  It does take extra time to do the orders this way, and even though I had my order split into a few packages due to back orders, it was exciting to get all the nail mail!   I have no idea what it takes to create polish or what is involved, but Lynn has stated multiple times that she wants it to be her own work.  To me, that is part of what makes it so special!  And I've heard a new collection is in the works!!  So keep an eye for that!  Hopefully Leah Ann is moving through the wish lists and there will be another mass collection of orders to start another round.  If you're waiting to get a list in or waiting to get your polishes back, I hope you love them when the get to you - because they are SO much better in person.  :-)

Well that's just my little tid bit of info I've picked up on over the last several months.  On to LavenDear!  This polish starts with a base of purple jelly with a hidden blue shimmer.  The glitter in the polish is purple and reflective in hexagons and round micro glitter.  Then a very subtle holo glitter is mixed in that catches the light when you least expect it! 

I'm glad I snapped a few pictures of my base - Zoya Kristen, because LavenDear really alters the way this looks!  I applied 2 coats of Zoya Kristen with 1 coat of Seche Vite below.  Sorry, I didn't clean my edges! I was going to do a tape mani and got too tired!
 
 

So yesterday after work, I added this and loved the way it looked :-)  This is 1 coat of Lavender with 1 coat of Seche Vite.  I do want to do this with a tape mani eventually to show off the difference in color!

 
 
Blurred for holo!
 
More holo!
 
 
Flash
I am so glad I had this on my list!  I originally passed this one by from swatches, but I just love how it looks with the tinted base and holo specks!

For Ordering - please see Leah Ann's website (Llarowe) - http://www.shop.llarowe.com/ - she is not taking orders at this time, but you can sign up for notifications to find out when wish lists are being accepted!  I hope this post has helped you gain some information about this brand and that you can eventually get this beauties into your home! ;-)

I hope you're week is going great!

Much Love,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous! LOL lucky about the change in last name. I'm glad you snapped those pictures of Kristen, it really does change the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty. I love when glitter top coats have shimmer as well. Thanks to my married name this one is on it's way to me as well. And, my maiden name starts with H too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Crystal! I love anything purple as you know, am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of the lucky ones that got stuck in the middle. Last name starts with R :(

    This one looks really good over the blue :)

    ReplyDelete