Friends

Friday, April 6, 2012

Lacquistry Shredded



Hello Everyone!   Today is the end of the week and tomorrow morning I have a date with my pillow.  Oh how I will enjoy not leaving it bright and early like I normally do!  And I don't even get up that early...these people that wake up at 5am - ha!  My eyes feel heavy just thinking about it!! ;-)

So anyway, I was quick to purchase this beautiful polish named Shredded from Lacquistry when she recently opened.  You can find her shop HERE.  However, she is currently closed, but will hopefully reopen soon!  (I feel like I repeat those words to you guys a lot - so sorry!!).  Anyway, the really really bad news is that I don't think she will be making this anymore.  I know, I go ahead and make you look at these swatches of something you can't have.  Well, I'm sincerely hoping Jenna from Lacquistry will be able to someday bring if back for you guys!  Not sure though :-(

I used a base of China Glaze Tantalize Me.  The hubby actually picked it when I asked him!  It had caught my eye before I asked him too, so I went ahead and used it.  I was so glad, as it is a perfect match with Shredded (although, just about any color of cremes or light shimmer would probably look good with it!)  I used 2 coats of Tantalize me and 1 coat of Shredded.  I did place the pieces as some of them were larger.  I had a couple stick up at me, so I yelled at them and they immediately went flat.  Just kidding, I used Seche Vite - my go to for tough glitter/shards - and it worked like a charm.  Ok, enough of my chatter!  Picture time!


 
Love the subtle blue shimmer in this!!
 
 
 
  
 
sunlight
sunlight

So last weekend, our friends came over to hang out!  My girlfriend and I painted nails while the boys played video games :-)  It was fun!!  We even talked the guys into letting us paint their pinkies!  Woohoo!
Nubar Silver Sword and Pretty & Polished Hello Dolly
ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly with P&P Hello Dolly
Nerd Lacquer Holy Grail over black
Daring Digits Master Chief

My girlfriend painted her nails using Shredded because she loves it as much as I do!!  She used it over Julep Hayden, which is a light peachy cream that is almost neon looking!  I don't know if that made sense, but it's cool. haha
 
 

I hope you enjoyed Shredded!  Maybe if we beg, she'll bring it back?  :-D  Hope you all have a fantastic Easter and enjoy the weekend!  And it just dawned on me that I didn't do anything really Easter related...hmmm  well Orly Ancient Jade and Pretty and Polished Party on my Yacht is kinda pastel and Easter looking...I will see about doing something this weekend, but no promises! 

Again, enjoy your weekend!! Happy Easter!!

Much Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. CRYSTAL. You are hurting my soul.

    Just kiddin (kinda). Gorgeous nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up at 5am every day of my life! Just found your blog! It's awesome. Come enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how shredded looks! It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete