Friends

Monday, December 10, 2012

Sonoma Nail Art - Here Lies Robert

Hello!  Today I have a new to me Indie brand!!  I've seen Sonoma Nail Art around and have loved swatches, but am just now getting around to trying these beauties!!  Today I have Here Lies Robert that was a Halloween polish.  I have to apologize, as this is no longer available.  However, you can check out Etsy at Sonoma Nail Art to see some of her other gorgeous creations.  She usually will give a bit of warning for upcoming shop openings.  You can also find  Sonoma on Facebook to stay up to date on shop openings and new colors.
 
Here Lies Robert features the amazing labels that were made for the Halloween collection.  I remember seeing them and cannot believe I almost missed out on this.  I always appreciate a brand that will go that extra step to create not only amazing polish, but to dress it up as well!  It shows how much thought Michelle, the owner, puts into her product.
 
Here is the back of the bottle!  Look at this combo of glitters! 
 
Michelle wrote a little bit of background on her brand on Etsy: 
"Sonoma Nail Art Custom Nail Polishes are inspired by the beauty of Sonoma County, California. Just an hour north of San Francisco, Sonoma County is a paradise for wine and food lovers, and blessed with great natural habitats from rolling hills covered with oak trees, to the vast Pacific Ocean. Sonoma County is also home to many great artists and thinkers."

And the background on the polish I'm showing today:
"Here Lies Robert is part of my Halloween collection. Here Lies Robert is inspired by Sonoma County native Robert Ripley. Ripley was born in Santa Rosa and grew to fame with his very popular Believe It Or Not comic which was published in many newspapers. His fascination with the odd and strange ties in well with the spookiness of Halloween. Ripley is buried in the Oddfellows Lawn Cemetery in his hometown of Santa Rosa. Here Lies Robert is a glitter polish with black, moss, grey, and gold colored glitters. This polish is packed with color and works best as a top coat over other polishes."
 

 
I have used 2 coats of OPI Mermaid Tears as a base and applied 1 coat of Here Lies Robert, finishing with Seche Vite.  Applying this polish, I couldn't even believe what was in here!  The black diamonds, shards, and hexagons, with the green and teal glitter squares, tiny hexagons, and bar glitters, and also some silver and gold sprinkled through, all in a clear base!  I am in love with the diamond glitter - it just looks so awesome!  I bet this would look great over a bunch of different colors!
I sometimes receive compliments on a manicure, but not always.  This polish captured the interest of a ton of people when I wore it the other day to work.  Almost everyone I came in contact with said how much they loved this.  I was quite shocked, as some of those complimenting don't even realize I paint my nails a lot or blog!  So it just goes to show, that's how much people loved this.  Again, I apologize that this isn't available to purchase, but I would keep eyes open for blog sales in the future!  Otherwise, look forward to Michelle's other creations and hopefully more surprises next Halloween too! 
 
 
The reflective silver, greens, and gold glitters are beautiful, mixed with the black really do give a nail art feel, as in the name of the brand.  I look forward to trying many more of Sonoma Nail Art polishes, as I've been blown away by this!!
 
Here are a couple pics with OPI Mermaid Tears.
 
And a delicious close up! 
 
I hope you enjoyed this look at Sonoma Nail Art!!  Again, you can check these beauties out on Etsy  at Sonoma Nail Art.
 
Hope you all had a great weekend!  If you follow me on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, I did post pictures of my new Alex from Ikea!! I am still going through and organizing! LOL!  So I will have a blog post of everything soon ;-)  Until then, here is my entire collection that I posted on Instagram...

 
Talk about polish overload!  (Mr. CC was playing Halo after he so kindly built my Alex for me!!!!)  I had most of my polish together my brand, but even still it took me forever to figure out how I wanted everything.  Next is going to be arranging it back by color!  But I still have 2 Alex drawers empty (thank goodness), and my 6 racks are almost filled, but some room to grow there! 
 
Hope you enjoy the day!
 
Much Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. It looks great with Mermaid's Tears. Such a gorgeous green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the polish looks really good. I think the choices of base color you pick are always amazing :) They never fail to make the polish u layer with pop ~!!

    Btw I love to see your new racks up. Alex seems to be able to fill up more then the Helmer.. :) haha Time to check out IKEA soon... Thanks for the update and hope everything is going well for ya. hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon
    this site. Studying this information So i am happy to exhibit that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make certain to do not omit this web site and give it a look regularly.
    Review my site ; Stem cell supplements

    ReplyDelete