Friends

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Girly Bits - Stormy Skies and Indian Summer!

 
 
Hello!  Today I have a tape combo for you using Girly Bits!! I love these two separately and thought they really complimented each other together!
 
 
 
I applied 2 coats of Stormy Skies and topped with Seche Vite.  Once that was dry (I watched TV for an hour, but it was plenty dry before my show was over), I applied tape to my nail.  A way to prevent the tape from being too stick is to apply it to your hand a few times to remove the tackiness of the tape.  I apply each nail separately and paint 1 coat and immediately remove the tape.  I love the crisp line it leaves.  I then finished with Seche Vite top coat.
 
 
 
You can purchase Girly Bits from http://girlybits.bigcartel.com/, Llarowe - Girly Bits, and Harlow & Co. - Girly Bits. Prices vary from $10 to $13 depending on the item (some are higher due to materials) and the shop. And Harlow & Co. offers free shipping over $50 to anywhere! And Girly Bits website is free shipping over $60. Another shop is Overall Beauty, with great customer service and quick shipping! Also, I haven't had the pleasure of ordering from Mei Mei Signatures, but I hear great things about them! Gotta love all the options to get your Girly Bits!! ;-) Each site has different polishes in stock right now, but they are worth checking out!
 
 
 
The combo is subtle, yet in some lights you can see the Indian Summer blue looks a little darker.  I think Indian Summer would be pretty layered over lots of colors!  The dark colors would probably bring out the gold shimmer and give a different look to the glitters!
 
 
 
 
Love this bottle close up!  Look at that gorgeous gold shimmer!!!
 
 
 
A great way to stay up to date on Girly Bits is through Facebook! Pam, the owner, updates restocks and includes swatches of colors! Another great way to see upcoming collections is by following Pam's Blog! Here are the other shop's Facebooks: Harlow & Co. - Facebook, Llarowe - Facebook, Overall Beauty - Facebook, Mei Mei Signatures - Facebook.
 
 
 
 
Stormy Skies bottle is so pretty too!  The little glitter shimmers sparkle so beautifully!  It kind of reminds me of a less sparkly Fathomless!  Almost like they could be in the same family of shimmer/glitters.
 
 
 
 
 
A couple close ups!
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this tape mani!!  It's been a while since I've done one, but I love how this turned out!!
 
Have a great day!!

Much Love,
Crystal



*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

4 comments:

  1. Pretty combo. I love these two polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both very pretty polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A match made in heaven! Indian Summer just went on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both these polishes, but sadly haven't tried them yet. I love how you combined them, kind of subtle, but very perfect together! :)

    ReplyDelete