Friends

Friday, November 9, 2012

Pretty & Polished - Happy Holodays Duo

Hello Everyone!! Today I have a duo that is perfect for the upcoming Holidays!  Is it just me, or is time flying for anyone else?  I think with Mr. CC in the hospital for Halloween, it feels like I should still be in October, right?  Ok, I'll be fine as long as the hold off on the Christmas music just a little longer ;-)  But one thing that is helping me get into spirit are these awesome Holiday Collections!!  I may not be ready, but my nails are loving it!!  And this Duo is no exception.  It is called the Happy Holodays Duo and comes with Ruby and Glitter Topper.  

Ruby is up first!!  This is a stunning red jelly with holographic sparkles.  I almost got away with this with 1 coat!! This is 2 coats along with Poshe top coat.  It applied perfectly, which is consistent for Pretty & Polished.  This was one of my first Indie brands that I quickly came to love.  I don't think that will ever change, and Chelsea constantly ups her own ante. 

Jellies sometimes change color depending on how the light hits them.  I was experimenting with my new light box, so I would love your opinion as to what you think of these pictures!  I'm still adjusting, but thought these  pictures were able to show some of the beauty of Ruby!




Click - Pretty & Polished - for the stocking all of the Holiday colors today at 10 am EST!!!  You can also find out more information, upcoming collection information, along with swatches on Pretty & Polished - Facebook and at http://www.prettynpolish.com/.
 
 

This is not my favorite picture, but I kept it here because it shows some of that delicious holo sparkles!

 


For the rest of the pictures, I used my same lighting, but outside the box.  I noticed I was able to capture a better sparkle on Ruby!

Blurred to show some of the sparkle!
 


I then applied 1 coat of the Glitter Topper over Ruby, topping with Poshe!  Glitter Topper is a green and red holographic glitter top coat with a clear base.  I noticed little pieces of purple/gold in pictures, which is from the holographic quality of the glitter!  It is so shiny and beautiful, I can't help but think of Christmas!  This is a versatile glitter, as it will look great over many other colors.  Since this is a duo, I wanted to show how they looked together!

 


 


I love how the red glitter isn't lost over top of Ruby.  In fact, it almost glows!  I think this is a stunning duo, as Ruby's holographic glitters sparkle beneath the Glitter Topper.  I didn't use my light box for photos of Glitter Topper, but just the lighting outside of the box.


 
 
 
Again, don't forget to check out Pretty & Polished today on Etsy for the stocking all of the Holiday colors today at 10 am EST!!!  You can also find out more information, upcoming collection information, along with swatches on Pretty & Polished Facebook and at http://www.prettynpolish.com/.

I hope you enjoyed my post on the Happy Holodays Duo by Pretty & Polished!!

Much Love,
Crystal




*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh perfect for christmas :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I like it better without the added glitter, but I guess that's just because I'm not in Christmasy mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....and I'm so pumped!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovedthe combination!
    Hun, Im following you, I ask you to visit my blog and follow me back!


    Beeeeijooos

    re-becah .blogspot.com (JUNTAR O LINK)

    youtube .com/user/blogdareh/featured (JUNTAR O LINK)

    ReplyDelete