Friends

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Elixir Lacquers Bad Kitty and Lynnderella Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu


Today I have a very special pair for you and this post is PIC HEAVY!!  I know some of these frankens are becoming harder and harder to find due to a high demand.  These two that I have today are unfortunately even harder to find.  Elixir Lacquers created Bad Kitty with only 25 bottles available.  A little while later, she released 25 more, which then I was able to get bottle 36!  I've heard her mention it may be coming back in another set of 25, so please check her Facebook HERE for details.  Her website is http://www.elixirlacquers.com/ and she has many other awesome colors for you to try.  With a K is another favorite of mine that I received with this order and will show you all at a later time. 

Bad Kitty is a gorgeous purple with a teal shimmer.  It was a tad sheer, so I went with 3 coats.  I topped it with 1 coat of Wicked Fast and then 1 coat of Poshe.  Since it was so glossy, it showed my every flaw! lol I used the extra top coat to try to help even it out.  It is such a simple, elegant color.  I can't wait to start layering it for some awesome combos! ;-)


 
 
 
Flash
Sunlight
Shade
I had a request to do Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu by Lynnderella, so I thought these two would make an awesome pair!!  Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu is very pretty.  It reminds me of Bibbity Bobbity Boo Blue, but Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu has more purple and less holo glitter.  I will try to do a comparison post in the future (I have so much to show you guys!).  Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu has a slightly tinged base of blurple - a bluish/purple with blue, purple, teal glitters of round, squares and hexagons of multiple sizes.  There is also a fine blue micro glitter throughout the polish.  Honestly, it's a surprise for what you get on the nail.  I've said that many times for Lynnderella.  I think I even see some opalescent hexagons that are almost clear and shine bluish!  I always get amazing looking at a bottle by Lynnderella.  She has some amazing frankens.

Now for those that are unfamiliar with Lynnderella, because her frankens are in such high demand, Leah Ann LaRowe has created a wish list system.  That is how I received this one and the others I posted on Friday night.  Now it did take me a couple months, and I still even have some on back order.  I just put it out of my mind and tried to wait patiently.  There are SO many of us that want these, so I understand that this is going to be a long process.  I know not everyone wants to wait for these from what I've read, but to me they are worth it.  Lynn is a one woman operation, with a full time job too.  I know other frankeners have been able to take the next step of quiting their job to go onto making their hobby a full time business.  I can only hope Lynn will be able to do the same in the future!  She has talent and I'm glad to be able to own quite a few of her creations.  I know it seems like a ton of work for just polish, but I think once I have them, I forget about how long it took and I am so excited to start painting!

You can find Leah Ann's site at http://shop.llarowe.com/.  You can find her Facebook HERE, which she updates constantly as to how things are moving along in her shop.  Unfortunately she isn't accepting wish lists at this time because she is filling the orders of the current wish lists.  She will hopefully be getting more orders soon to continue to move through them to be able to accept new lists.

For this look, I used scotch tape for my line.  Make sure to stick it to your skin a few times before applying to the nail.  I usually do one nail at time.  I only used one coat of Mademoiselle Violette de Bleu, but dabbed around to make sure it looked even.  I then used 1 coat of Poshe.  I absolutely love how this turned out.  I'm so sorry these aren't easier to access for you guys!
Sunlight
Shade
 
 
 
Sunlight
How delicious is that shimmer!?! ;-)
 
 
 
 

So if you're on a list for Lynnderella, hold tight because you'll love them!  If you are hoping to get on a list, I hope it goes quickly for you and that you'll soon be added!  As for the Elixir Lacquer Bad Kitty, hopefully she'll have another set available if this is something you love!  If you do want it, use the link above and comment on her Facebook to let her know how much you love it! 

Hope you enjoyed the many pictures!! Have a great day!! 

Much Love,
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. WOW Crystal these are SO STUNNING!
    I am in love and extremely jealous of you love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty combo with the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this combo, I think I could stare at it all day!!!! Here's hoping she produces another 25!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really digging this. Gives me an idea to try with the blue glitter Elixir Lacquer that is coming in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute mani! I like the color combo with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete