Friends

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!!

 

Hey Everyone!!  Happy 4th of July!!! :-)  Here is my Patriotic Mani!!!  I love how it turned out!  I wish I could have had straighter lines though (using tape), but the sun was about to set on me!! hehe ;-)  So it was done free hand instead!  I decided to take step by step photos for you!  I haven't done anything really like this before, so be gentle with me! :-)

First I did 2 coats of Orly Au Champagne, which I bought from Sally's Beauty Supply.  This is a gorgeous, slightly off white, satin matte polish.  This is probably one of my favorite whites!  I love the sheen to it and how it looks great matte or shiny!  (please excuse my pinky :-(  I bumped it and since racing against the sun, I left it since it'd be covered anyway!)

 
 

So next up is Cult Nails Tied Up!  This is SUCH a glossy, beautiful blue!  I did one brush stroke, with no top coat - see, gorgeous right?  It's kind of a jelly like base, where you can see the lighting effects the way it looks.

You can purchase Cult Nails at http://shop.cultnails.com/ and stay up to date with info through Facebook!
 
 
 

Next up is Zoya Sooki!  Again, I used one brush stroke to cover the other side of the nail.  I like that doesn't have any orange to it, as it's more on the pink side, but overall, a very true red.

You can purchase Sooki from https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/0127947B - This is a Share the Love link, which is a way for me to earn points through them! So cool for me, but you guys can get something too! See what Zoya wrote: Remember EVERYONE WINS with "Share the Love": When someone clicks on your personal link and sets up an online account, a $5 coupon a coupon for a FREE Bottle of Zoya Nail Polish will automatically be placed in their account and can be used immediately on their current order. TIP: If you use this coupon and add 2 more polishes to your order, you get free shipping too! The coupon will appear in the "My Coupons/ Promos" section of their "My Account" Page.
 
 
 
 
 
 

And last, I wanted to add some SPARKLE!  I used Pride from Nostalgic nail lacquer.  This was a part of the limited edition 7 Deadly Sins of Summer collection (based on the 7 deadly sins).  I actually refreshed quite a bit to get this beauty!!  I was very lucky!  Since this was limited edition, it is no longer available, but she does have many other amazing colors in her shop!  You can find Erin's shop at http://nostalgicnaillacquer.com/.  She is out of stock currently, and did recently start a wish list system.  You can visit her blog, http://thesugarcubeblog.blogspot.com/, for updates and more information!
Erin describes this gorgeous glitter on her site: "Pride is a patriotic mixture of red, white and blue glitters in various shapes and sizes, topped off with a hearty dose of star shaped glitter!"
 
 
 
 
 

I felt like this mani could be retro and decided to play around with the settings for color! I absolutely love the vintage feel to this photo!
 

Well I hope all you US friends are enjoying the Holiday!  And to all others, hope you enjoyed a little fun for a Patriotic mani!!  Have a great day!

Much Love,
Crystal

6 comments: