Friends

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Look Back: My Wedding Day - 9/3/11!

Hello My Loves!  I am so happy that I have been married for a year today, to my very best friend.  Before I get all emotional on you, I do have to say how much it means to me that he supports me in everything!  Especially that he understands me and wants me to be happy in all I do, even if that means collecting TONS of polish and blogging. hehe  I am so blessed to have found my other half.  Today I want to share with you a bit from my wedding, which was on September 3, 2011.  How fun to have today off for Labor Day that we can celebrate together :-)  We are going downtown (Chicago) to the Shedd Aquarium for the day.  We did the same thing for our first year of dating anniversary.
 
Mr. CC and I started dating on 9/6/03, so we've been together 9 years now.  It seems like just yesterday he asked me to be his girl.  I wrote in my diary in 1998 (being only 12), that I loved him, since we were neighbors.  I never expected fate to lead us together and bless us with this marriage.  I am so thankful for him in my life and I'm honored to be able to share a bit about myself and the love of my life with you.  I hope you enjoy!
 
My photographers were absolutely amazing.  All credit goes goes to them, Monica Z. Photography.  For even more pictures, you can check out Monica Z Photography Blog for our special day.
 

 
Mr. CC and I like to be different, so instead of a sand or candle ceremony, we created an Epoxy ceremony.  Here is how we described it on our program.

Crystal and Kyle decided to take a new approach to the symbolizing of their unity.  Epoxy is formed from two different chemicals referred to as “resin” and “hardener”.   When mixed together, these chemicals bond and result in a very strong union.  Chemically drawn to one another, Crystal and Kyle will bond together today as husband and wife.  The white rose bud represents their everlasting love as it will continue to grow into a full bloom over their many years together in the future.

We also played the song "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland, which received a chuckle from our friends and family.  It was a beautiful ceremony and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect!




 

 
I love the show Friends and one thing Mr. CC and I have always done is call each other Lobsters.  My wonderfully creative Mother made these toppers for us!  I LOVE them :-)

 
My florist was amazing!!  These are blush bi-color roses and I just loved them so much, they are what I based my ankle tattoo after. :-)  My nails had been cracking with all the planning of the wedding, so I ended up with gel nails and did a french tip and covered the nail with Glitterally the Best Silver Ever.  I was glad to have had them done, and they luckily lasted the whole honeymoon!

 
I was blessed by the support of our wonderful friends and sister!


Our guy friends and Mr. CC's brother.

 
 
My favorite picture, probably ever!!  So it rained on my wedding day, but it sure didn't stop me from smiling.  Around 3pm, I walked out of the hotel to high winds and a storm.  I could only laugh as I knew I'd be walking down the aisle to my outdoor wedding very shortly.  At least we had a tent!  Luckily, the sky cleared up long enough for my guests to arrive and for the ceremony.  This was the second storm rolling in as we were talking pictures.  I cannot believe this amazing shot - worth every drop we received!! lol :-)  Everyone still had a wonderful time despite the bit of rain!


 
We did end up in the pool at the end of the humid night.  It was such a blast to hold hands with my Hubby and leap in!

 
If you know me, I have the worst SWEET TOOTH.  This was my DREAM to have a buffet of desserts.  A small little local bakery, Butterfingers, makes the best treats!  At the end of the night, I pulled out a cheesecake and went to town with a fork!! hehe

 
Dress change!  Thank goodness I had a second one!  It was much lighter and easier to dance the night away in!! I was called Marilyn Monroe all night - which is probably the greatest compliment I've ever received!
 

 
This is Mr. CC and I on our first year dating at the Shedd Aquarium.  It feels like just yesterday, yet we've been through so much.  I'm proud to be his wife and am so glad he asked me to be his forever.
 

I hope this hasn't been too cheesy for you all!  I am so filled with love today.  Again, I appreciate you all reading and letting me share this with you!  This was such a special day for me and just remembering all the details brings me to tears.  I look back on all we've shared and learned, and I look ahead to what else the future holds.  :-)

I hope you all have a great day!  I will have another nail polish post later today!

Much Love,
Crystal

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Crystal <3 <3
    Thanks for sharing this and it made me smile seeing how you and Mr CC are destined to be together <3 haha

    Happy Happy Anniversary to both of you and may there be many many more wonderful years together and keep that smile on your face... The smile on the pictures = PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love reading wedding and love stories, it's such a heart warming thing to do :) I wish you eternal happiness with your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my!!! Darling I love this post!!!

    I love when bloggers share a little bit about themselves. It's so nice!

    The mathematician in me did a little bit of math, and I am just so happy for how long y'all have come.

    You both looks so happy and I pray that your happiness lasts forever!
    Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary to you both and I'm now Going to wait till it's morning so I can buy some Cheesecake. Ughhh... Lol..look at what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! I love the litttle lobster toppers! And the pic of you two with the grey sky is amazing! Hope you two have a great anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you both!! Thank you for sharing your story, and the wonderful photos, it really brought a huge smile to my face to see both of you looking so happy :) Have an amazing day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pics Crystal! It's so obvious how happy you are especially on your wedding day. You were just beaming :)
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, those are some amazing photos, I love the drama in that sky, who needs blue skies and sunshine! Looks like a fab day to remember for a beautiful couple x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Thanks for sharing your memories with us, your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!! :-)
    I'm hoping that your relationship will last a lifetime..Congratulations and once again happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Crystal and Kyle. Thank you for sharing your lovely story and beautiful photos with us. .... I enjoyed it very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post!!! Wishing you both many wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete